Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
I bought a book yesterday (another one yeah I know I’m a book addict, lol), 2,002 SURPRISING THINGS ABOUT GOD AND THE BILE by Jerry MacGregor & Marie Prys. The best thing was that it only cost me $2.99 which is a great deal. As I skimmed through it before I purchased it I knew it would be a handy book to have in my library. I’ll definitely be using it a lot for this blog.
So let me share a portion of it on here today,
Pastor Charles Spurgeon once noted,
“He who often thinks of God, will have a larger mind than the man who simply plods around this narrow globe… The most excellent study for expanding the soul, is the science of Christ, and Him crucified, and the knowledge of the Godhead in the glorious Trinity. Nothing will so enlarge the intellect, nothing so magnify the whole soul of man, as a devout, earnest, continued investigation of the great subject of the Deity.”
This blog serves to bring myself and every reader to think about God. I’m reminded of what Wayne Grudem says in his Systematic Theology book,
“Fullness of joy is found in knowing God and delighting in the excellence of his character. To be in his presence, to enjoy fellowship with him, is a greater blessing than anything that can be imagined.”
The Science of God and his works is called theology. This word is derived from two Greek words, theos and logos, the former meaning “God,” and the latter, “word,” “discourse,” or “doctrine.” In a narrow sense, theology may be defined as “the doctrine of God.” However, in a broad and more usual sense, the term has come to mean all Christian doctrines that deal with the relations of God to the universe.
*In the next few days I’ll be transitioning this blog page over to wordpress.org (I’ve been running it through wordpress.com) so if the site doesn’t show up or says page not found just be patient hoping it’ll be a smooth transition. Bookmark this site, www.kevinnunez.org/blog/ so that you’ll be able to visit again once it’s up and running.
SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY by Wayne Grudem
- What Is Systematic Theology? (montageoftheology.wordpress.com)
- The Essential: Common Grace (challies.com)
- Trinity Through the Ages (mgriffinrobert.com)
- Infographics – in case you wanted to know (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- Charles Spurgeon on Pride (translucentheart.wordpress.com)
- Why Evangelicals Can’t Write (lanternhollowpress.com)
- God is a Fountain (justmywritings.wordpress.com)
- The Trinity: Three Persons in One Nature (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- 12 Reasons Why Supersessionism / Replacement Theology Is Not a Biblical Doctrine (roshpinaproject.com)
- Why Replacement Theology is Silly (5ptsalt.com)
- Israel and the Church: Does One Equal the Other? (randomtheoloblog.wordpress.com)
- Revival Today: A Calvinistic-Methodist Perspective (outsidecampers.com)
- A La Carte (6/18) (challies.com)
- Satan’s Power (joshstruiksma.wordpress.com)
- UNDERSTANDING THE BIG PICTURE OF THE BIBLE – Wayne Grudem, Ed. (2012) (baldreformer.wordpress.com)
- Atonement: Establishing Borders (withalliamgod.wordpress.com)